MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
"Debra is the strength of this course. She is highly motivated, passionate, strengths based & an expert in mental health. I loved it."
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence-based training program designed to give members of the public the skills to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. This is a certified program from the Mental Health Commission of Canada and is part of The National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace, as well as Post-Secondary institutions. The evidence behind the program demonstrates that it builds mental health literacy, decreases stigmatizing attitudes, improves workplace health and well-being, and helps individuals identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness.
WORKSHOPS & WORKPLACE ASSESSMENTS
We offer mental wellness workshops, and workplace assessments directed at creating effective solutions and strategies to improve psychological safety in the workplace. We want to help all members of the team feel healthy, supported, effective and empowered, which will help to improve productivity by reducing absenteeism and presenteeism.
"This company is amazing. Debra was the lead on our project, and her sensitivity and awareness of workplace mental health issues helped us a great deal. We have tools and knowledge to help our colleagues. Thank you!"
Meet a few of our clients/speaking & teaching engagements:
Amazon, St. Lawrence College, Queen's University, Parents for Children's Mental Health, A.D.H.D. Support Group Kingston Chapter, Public Health, Pathways to Independence, Workplace Safety & Prevention Services, United Way, School Boards, and so many more!
Members of our team are active practicing mental health specialists. We are skilled at bringing mental health information to life through sharing of knowledge, expertise, experience and contact-based education. We offer 1-4 hour workshops and seminars aimed at increasing awareness and reducing stigma around mental health, increasing resilience and coping skills, and understanding of mental health and illness. For instance we offer workshops on topics such as:
1. What is Mental Health & Illness & the reality of it in the workplace and on your team?
2. What is Psychological Safety - How does it affect you and your team?
3. The Impact of Mental Illness & Stigma in the Workplace - Learn the BIG picture, impact on your bottom line, & what you can do to help eradicate stigma.
4. Trauma and Adversity - How do you support those following trauma or a tough situation? What role do ACES play?
5. Compassion Fatigue & Burnout - Steps you can take to support and protect you and your team
6. Workplace Bullying & Harassment - Steps you can take to support and protect you and your team.
7. Supporting youth and young adults in times of need and crisis - words to use, resources to know
8. Feeling Good - Know how what you do, who you know, and the food you eat affect your mental health.
Mental health problems and illnesses affect more people in Canada than some of the major physical disorders.